Monday, February 6, 2023

Lillian's final reflection

    I am ecstatic to say that this trip completely blew me out of the water. I am so grateful that I was able to be part of such an amazing trip. Something I didn't necessarily expect each city visited would be so different. Berlin felt very busy but open, Leipzig more quaint and quiet, Prague: bustling and exciting, Wien: extremally artistic and Salzburg: gorgeous and refreshing. Though, I am sure that if I go back again each of these cities will feel different than the time before. These descriptions are due mostly to the activities I did in each city and are subject to change the next time I go. 

    During the last month, I experienced record breaking concert attendance. To go from never hearing a professional orchestra to hearing new performances by many in just a month was shocking and extremely educational. There are many performances that stuck out to me however two continue to resonate with me today. The first was the Gewandhaus orchestra's set. The first two pieces had such artistry that I my mind did not even wander. Our seats were facing the conductor and being able to see the instrumentalists fingers playing there instruments was fascinating and extremally enjoyable. The extreme variety of the set was also greatly appreciated and kept me entertained. Hearing an orchestra that put that much thought and emotion into the compositions was refreshing and I am not sure I will hear something like it again in a long while. The second performance that I heavily enjoyed was the Rachmaninoff ballet. To see his piano concertos set to choreography was absolutely show stopping. The first half of the program was fairly decent but the second had me sobbing in the bathroom trying to collect myself after it was finished. It was absolutely incredible and I loved the choreographers interpretation of the concerto. 

    Overall my experience in each city was very similar, filled with immense joy and wonder. I am beyond grateful to have been able to been an addition to this trip and am excited that my travel bug has just begun. 

Below are miscellaneous pictures throughout the trip that I enjoy

Lindsey, Me, Parker and Ryan throwing out a peace sign

What has this eye seen?

Frog!

Lennon in Berlin?

Similar Silhouettes

Snow Bear

Mozart in a puddle

A walk back from the Abbey




 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...