Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Lillian does not slow down in Vienna (sorry Billy Joel)

 I spent a large amount of time in Vienna looking at art. When given a free day, Lindsey, Parker, Ryan and I went to the Belvedere museum. This is easily one of the most beautiful art museums I have ever been to and I enjoyed my day heavily there. The art itself was intricate and I enjoyed looking at Homage to Jacquin by Johann Knapp as well as all of the Klimt's at the exhibit. The upper and lower Belvedere were completely different especially in the immersive experience but both had such amazing art. The next day we went to another art museum which was absolutely giant as well. This also had some favorites including the Judith painting and many other famous works I recognized. I also heavily enjoyed seeing Klimt's work above the archways. It was very interesting to understand that the painting commissioned was from some of his earliest works. The museum was absolutely giant and words cannot express the emotions from seeing all the art works. 

                                                                             Judith

While staying in Vienna, I enjoyed going to the store (the Billa) and buying various packaged meals and snacks including paprika Pringles and banana chocolate granola bars. One of the days I frequented the locate market and bought some fruits I had never tried before. When back at the hostel a few others and I had a small fruit tasting party which I enjoyed quite heavily. Altogether, I filled my time up in Vienna and hope to go back, as it was very enjoyable. 

                          

Leftover pits and such from fruit tasting                   LeighAnna and I having pringle floor time



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...