Monday, February 6, 2023

Final Reflection - Caroline

 


Annnnd we're back home!! It's so great to be back in my bed and see all my friends. 


Looking back on this trip, I feel privileged to have been a part of this class. The level of artistry I got to see, the beautiful architecture, and the different cultures, were all so amazing and educational. I took away so much from everything I saw and did. I've taken some time and recalled all of the ensembles we had the chance to see and I just feel honored. Talking with my family who are professional musicians, it took them years to see many of these ensembles, and yet I saw all of these great groups by 22 and in a month!! Wow! The performance that really hit home for me was 'Elijah'. I mean it was phenomenal. I don't know the next time I will see such a performance again, it was inspiring. It definitely re-ignited my passion for what I do. 


I've also been looking back through my pictures and holy cow did we see a lot of sites. I saw some of the most beautiful scenery and buildings that I've ever seen. It was so incredible to walk through the streets and see buildings that have been standing for centuries. It's definitely an experience everyone should have at least once in their life. I'm happy to have my first major abroad experience at my age and I cannot wait to be back. One thing that resonated with me was Dr. Powell mentioning his college friends who went abroad in college and still haven't been back. I don't want that to be me, I know that for sure. When I teach at a collegiate level, I have to create a program like this to share these experiences with my students. It is life-changing and I will hold these memories so close to my heart.


Another thing I've been thinking about in regard to this trip is the people who pushed me to go. I was originally very anxious and nervous about this trip, I was nervous about all of the things that could've gone wrong and I almost pulled out. I am so grateful I followed through. The amazing sites, music, and people really warmed my soul. Not only am I grateful for the folks who pushed me to go on this trip, but I'm also grateful for the folks who went! I really loved the group we had, such a great collective of people. We all really made it our mission to have a blast and create memories, I'm happy for the friendships I made and the ones that grew. 


Overall, OUTSTANDING TRIP! I can't wait to be back in these cities, I know it'll be soon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...