Sunday, January 22, 2023

Mara-Leipzig

 After arriving in Leipzig, I got lunch at a cat cafe. It was lovely. I then did some exploring before heading back to the hostel. Leipzig has a very cozy vibe. Then I went with my group to the Gewandhaus Orchestra. It was amazing. I enjoyed watching the first chair violinist, they were very enthusiastic.

The next day we got a tour from Silvio. He was very informative. After the tour I went to a Cafe with part of our group. Then I went to lunch and did some shopping. Later I meet back up with the group to go to an organ demonstration in St. Thomas. It was very cool. Parker got to play the organ and that was a lot of fun to watch. That evening we all went to the Racmoninoff ballet. It was wonderful, I especially enjoyed the second half. 

On the second full day in Leipzig, I spent most the day by myself. I got to chat with my family, which was nice and then I went to a fine art museum. My favorite piece was a painting of a herd of cows getting a drink of water from a stream in the forest. After a walk outside, I went back to the hostel to rest. Later that evening we went to a concert and then some of us got Italian for dinner.

During the last full day I went to a laundromat with a few people from our group. We went to a little Cafe to wait for our laundry. After some of us went to the cat cafe. Then I went for a walk by myself and headed back to the hostel. We had our group dinner that evening. It was a lot of fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...