Monday, January 16, 2023

Maestra in Leipzig (Marie)

    This city's performances were in general even more entertaining and artistically valuable than Berlin's were. My favorite of all the performances so far was definitely the Rachmaninoff ballet. The mixture of Rachmaninoff's highly respected second and third piano concertos with modern ballet and two contrasting choreographers was one of the most creative and valuable pieces of art I've seen in a long time.

    It was a great joy for me to learn that Leipzig holds such great value in the history of its art. Some of the greatest experiences I had while in this city involved my visits of the art and music museums, where I met both new and familiar pieces which were very thought-provoking.

    Leipzig was very walkable, which I enjoyed. It was far less intimidating to navigate than Berlin was, and I loved that it was so easy to find and walk to sites of historical and artistic significance.

Leipzig's baton photos:


Me in front of the very cool Beethoven statue by Max Klinger, Museum der Bildenden Kunste


Eris, my baton, at the Rachmaninoff ballet in the Leipzig Opera House


Me and my baton in front of Herr Bach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...