Monday, January 16, 2023

Lennon, Leipzig

Wow, what an amazing looking city! This was the city I was most excited to visit because I knew the buildings were gonna be older and the music history would be even deeper. The first day we got in I got to see Bach's church and organ! Amazing! This is the foundation for western music history and I'm standing directly over it! 


I got to see my favorite performance so far and probably one of my favorite composers pieces as a ballet while in Leipzig. We got to see Rachmaninov's 2nd and 3rd piano concerto, but with ballet dancers interpreting the music. It was beautiful and even though I'm not much of a dancer myself, it was extremely impressive to see such athletic feats being performed with ease right before me. The music was amazing too. I wish they put the soloists up with the dancers or incorporated the piano into the choreography somehow, because I would have loved to watch the piano players SHREDDING that solo! 


The next day I went to the nearby art museum and saw some gorgeous pieces. The building begins with an amazing depiction of Beethoven sitting on a throne, right at the entrance. It then took us through French and German impressionist art and then got older as you walked through the museum. My favorite artist I saw there was Max Klinger. He had a few statue art pieces and lots of paintings and all of them were very interesting and creative. He had a way of mixing his knowledge of Christian and Greek mythology together, to make stories comparing the two traditions.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...