Monday, January 16, 2023

Emma- Berlin

    After having finished my time in Berlin, I can confidently say it was nothing short of spectacular. The combination of incredible music, food, and history made this visit exciting from start to finish. When we walked through the city to get to our hostel, I was immediately impressed by the architecture of so many of the buildings we walked by. It was so amazing to be constantly passing by buildings filled with centuries of history behind them. 


    One of my favorite things about travelling is trying a bunch of new food! I LOVE food. As a vegan, it's always a bit of a gamble seeing the quality of the food I'm gonna get, but that was truly no problem here. I had a variety of food from currywurst to ramen to pastries to burgers and all of it was absolutely delicious. I especially enjoyed visiting the chain Espresso House again, as it brought me lots of nostalgia from my time in Norway. 





    Now to the music. We started our musical experience with the opera Oceane. I was extremely excited for this as I had never seen an opera and it was certainly one to remember. The music in this show was incredibly jarring and unlike anything I had heard before. The show also had a very unique vibe to it as even though it was an opera, it felt like a 50's movies in some ways because all of the costuming was in black and white and a large movie screen was even employed in some scenes. It was dramatic and artsy and such a stand out show. Next we saw the Berlin Philharmonic perform Elijah and WOW. I had actually been lucky enough to see the Berlin Philharmonic once before when I was visiting Berlin with a friend, but this performance was even more mind blowing than the last time I saw them. Unlike the last time I saw this group perform, this time there was a choir and multiple vocal soloists. The combination of all the elements in this performance done with such incredible skill left me speechless.




 


    Despite there being seemingly endless things to do in Berlin, I feel like I was able to do so many amazing things and definitely made the most of my time there. Next stop, Leipzig!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...