Monday, February 6, 2023

Maestra in Berlin (Marie)

 

View from the bridge to the Pergamon Museum, Day 2

Berlin Cathedral, Day 2

The famous concert hall of the Berliner Philharmoniker, Day 4

    As my title suggests, I thought it would be fun to photograph my adventures in Berlin with my conducting baton as the main subject, considering that I can't help but view every performance I attend during this study-away through the eyes of a very happy conductor. The German city of Berlin provided me with two diverse and thought-provoking musical experiences, neither of which were anything like what I've experienced in the American arts community.

    The first performance we attended in Berlin was the German opera Oceane. A highly modern opera bordering on the abstract and absurd, the music was harsh and unsettling through nearly the entirety of its length, no matter the narrative tone of each scene. Though my 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...