Wednesday, February 1, 2023

LeighAnna - Final Reflection

 Wow! It's hard to believe that our time in Europe is already coming to a close, but at the same time it feels like it's been way more than 25 days. Powell described this class as a marathon, and I'm certainly feeling the strain as we approach the finish line. 

I'm leaving with a newfound appreciation for classical music. There really is something special about hearing music live, and I can't believe that a physics major like me got to go see so many prestigious orchestras. Part of me feels like it's wasted on me, since I don't have the same depth of understanding as the music majors in the group. However, I've also come to realize that being less well-versed in the technical aspects of music composition and performance allows me to appreciate the music in a different way and hear it with less critical ears. And I can proudly say that my "liked songs" playlist on Spotify now includes a number of pieces by Bach, Dvorák, and Rachmaninoff, among others. So I'm officially cultured.  

I am so grateful for this opportunity, for all the laughs and new friends and great memories. See below a collection of photos of fun times with cool people who I'm going to miss seeing every day. Auf wiedersehen! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...