Monday, February 6, 2023

Final ReflAidanection

That's a lot



Wow, we did a lot of stuff. That must've been the busiest month of my life. It was stressful at times, and really enjoyable at others. I strengthened friendships and made new ones. Additionally, I strengthened music tastes and made new ones. I had only technically been out of the country one time before, but it wasn't overseas. I learned a lot, not necessarily about music, but about Europe (lots of European history), and about traveling (especially how to use public transportation). I learned fancy concert etiquette and to stand up and walk around at intermissions so I'm more focused. I learned how to use a scarf and gloves in the winter, and I learned how to buy stuff in other countries. I learned what makes each of the countries great. I didn't think I'd be homesick, but I was definitely homesick towards the end. I learned to appreciate the free water at restaurants and free public bathrooms we have in America. 

Musical Impact Report


The grand exposure to classical music I received has impacted me a little bit. I always liked classical music before, although highly selective. Holst's The Planets, various commonly known symphonic works like In The Hall of the Mountain King, and soundtrack music was what I listened to in the genre. I never just listened to Bach for the sake of Bach, Beethoven for the sake of Beethoven, etc. However, after listening to so much classical music I liked (and some that I didn't), I can say that I aspire to explore Beethoven, Bach, Rachmaninoff, Dvorak, and more. 




Final Bird Rating

I've observed and rated each city based on bird content using a highly complex rating algorithm (my brain). Each city has received a score out of 5 stars, and now it is time to reveal the winner. 
The winner is.......

A tie between Birdlin and Prague! Both locations had very photogenic and abundant birds everywhere. No doubt about it, if you like birds, you'll love Berlin and Prague. 

Favorite Pictures

Here are some of my favorite pictures from each city: 

Berlin











Leipzig

Prague

Vienna


Salzburg





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...