Monday, February 6, 2023

Encore blog post - Rosalyn

 Germany!

Germany was probably my favorite country of the trip to explore for reasons unrelated to concerts. It was the easiest to get around in, with the most to see, at least in the cities we went to. Leipzig was the shining star of the trip, not only because of the God given tortellini I had there, but because of the actual shining star that I found. The Moravian star became my personal fascination of the trip, and after seeing many in Berlin, I became hooked. They were in almost every church, and they were beautiful. I hadn’t ever seen one before, so it was a little bit of a struggle finding out what they were called. Eventually we found a store that was a vendor of the star factory, and I have to give credit where it’s due here, my wonderful and brave boyfriend sought one out with me and got it for me. We were able to safely bring it aboard the plane home, and we await for the adapter plug from the star factory website, so we can light it. The star and the pasta were enough to make me love Germany, but it seemed like the friendliest country we visited, as well as the one with the most beautiful cities. 


The Czech Republic!


The city of Prague was a little bit of a sore spot of the trip for me, for reasons unrelated to the concerts, as mentioned in a previous blog post. But I think it contained my favorite memory of the trip, and the most exciting concerts and concert halls. The two trombones concert was the most special musical experience of the trip for me. I know a lot of people might say for them that it was “Elijah,” in Germany, which was performed so perfectly that I’ve heard people say it was life changing. The thing is, for me, if I want perfection I can open up Spotify. Don’t get me wrong, seeing the skill of the performers in Europe at these famous music centers was amazing. But the unique and personal experiences will be the ones I treasure. The performances where I can listen and understand that the talented musicians are people too. That is why having a trombone player blast directly into my face is my most cherished experience. I could see what I wanted to be as a performer right in front of me, and that was special. 


Austria! 


Though I’ve now had my fill of Mozart, Austria was a nice finale to the music centers trip. Seeing a lot of places from the sound of music was exciting, and the fact that it snowed in Salzburg really brought a lot of joy, even though it was very cold. Without much bus riding, the last week was rather calm. And climbing a mountain on one of the last days made me feel like I had truly experienced Salzburg, and the trip in general.



Horn!



Moravian star, and also me



Another one


Bear time in berlin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...