Sunday, January 22, 2023

Lennon, Prague

 My first day exploring Prague was amazing. Went took a trip to Prague Castle and had a great tour of the surrounding area. We learned a great deal about the Czech Republic's battle for freedom all the way up to close to recent times. Our tour guide has lived through some of these events and gave us a very detailed explanation of what happened and why certain dates and people matter. It was a really interesting experience to get to hear about this history from an authentic source. 


I went back to Prague Castle the next day to visit the Lobkowicz museum. There we saw lots of paintings from the family and also lots of musical artifacts. With my own eyes I got to see the manuscripts for Beethoven's 3rd-5th symphonies! I'm a big fan of Beethoven so this was extremely cool to get to see! They had other works from various composers too, like Don Giovanni and Handel's Messiah. That night I had the pleasure of hearing the Czech Philharmonic. They were very good and I loved watching the conductor get into his pieces. 


On my final day I decided to take it a bit easy and visit a local coffee shop called The Letterpress cafe. It was a cute little place that was only a nine minute walk from our hostel. Later in the day we went to see Kate and the Devil. This is my second opera that I've seen and I'm so happy I did. It was very comedic and the music was really fun. There was an RC dog, cat and mouse during the performance which was really funny to watch roll around. All in all, this was a really fun city to visit and I'm happy I got to go :).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...