Friday, January 27, 2023

Vienna - Natalie Hodges

We arrived in the lovely city of Vienna on January 22nd & stayed until the 26th. Although it was a short visit, our class did plenty of activities! Our first day was mostly a travel day by train, and in the evening we had a group dinner at Mayer am Pfarrplatz; which had a variety of delicious cuisine.

The next day we were provided a tour around the city with Hebert as our guide. After the tour, I spent the afternoon taking in the sights and enjoyed a nice lunch with my classmates. After a short break at our hostile, we attended a performance of the Orchestra dell' Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia. Needless to say, the musicians were fabulous! Since we had the next day off, I chose to rest at our hostile and went through the gallery of photos that I have collected thus far on the trip. At this point, I believe I have taken a couple hundreds worth of pictures!

The next morning, I did my presentation on the Vienna Symphony for my class and then we had an afternoon tour of Schonbrunn Palace. This was one of my favorite tours so far, and every room we went into was magnificent to look at! In the evening, we saw the Vienna Symphony with Maria Duenas as the violin soloist. This performance was amazing to say the least, and I was enthralled by the musical talents of Maria and the orchestra.

Our last day was spent at the Kunsthistorisches museum. We were fortunate to have a tour of some of their most famous artwork and I loved looking at every exhibit they had. Though it was a huge museum, there were so many things to do! To top off the day, we attended a performance of the opera, "Don Giovanni". This was a thoroughly entertaining show and the voice talents of the performers were astounding!

Though our visit was brief, I appreciated every opportunity we had to enjoy what the city had to offer. Salzburg will be our last stop, and we are all excited to see what the last week of our trip will bring!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...