Sunday, January 15, 2023

Lennon, Berlin

 Berlin was a wonderful historic artifact with some really interesting food. I had not read anything about any of the locations for this trip before I went because I wanted it to be a surprise so when I was presented with currywurst I was extremely delighted. Everything there felt authentic and thoughtful. The monuments and memorials were artistic and felt as if they were constructed with deep emotion and sympathy. The tour that we had with Jesse taught us all about the different monuments and buildings that were around us. It was crazy to think about the amount of history everything has. 


The Berlin Philharmonic performance of Elijah was my favorite concert while we were there. I had never heard Elijah before so I feel extremely lucky for my first listen to have been with such an amazing group of musicians. They were all so in sync with each other that they felt like a running machine of expression. From a singing perspective, hearing all the soloists and even the choir members was astonishing. They were unified as one voice, each voice part melting together like butter. 


On the final day of Berlin I went to the mall nearby our hostel. There I got Lindor dark hot chocolate and met a fun guy who worked at a lotion stand in the mall. He asked us about our trip and was very pleased to hear that we were musicians. He then gave us free skin care treatment, which made our hands feel amazing. All in all I love this city. I will visit Berlin again and hopefully for a longer time, but I am definitely getting the currywurst again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mara-final reflection

  The trip was over all amazing. There were so many new experiences and learning opportunities.  Not only did I learn from the different mus...